Estoras - Chardonnay

JG 2021 RZ 1,5 g/l S 4,7 g/l ALK 13% vol
Kategorie:
regional wines
Qualitätsstufe:
Qualitätswein
Rebsorte:
Chardonnay
Geschmack:
dry
Farbe:
white
regional wines
€10.00 inkl. MWSt.
Qualitätswein
Soil

different vineyards, mainly on limestone soils

Vinification

The grapes were picked fully ripe. Whole grape pressing followed to preserve the acidity. 80 percent were fermented in a steel tank at 17 to 20 degrees to give freshness. The remaining 20 percent fermented in a 500 liter barrel, the yeast was also stirred for two months - "Battonage". This gives the wine creaminess and fullness. After 5 months on the lees, the two parts were blended and bottled.

Tasting note

Pale straw yellow. On the nose fruity aromas of lime, quince and some hazelnut. Accompained by a spicy mix of aniseed and cardamom. On the palate dense and melty, the mouth-watering acidity makes it very enjoyable.

This Chardonnay is a universal food companion due to its elegant, subtle fruit and the lively, juicy acidity. It can accompany dishes without dominating them. Ideal with pasta dishes and poultry.