different vineyards, mainly on limestone soils
For red wine, the grapes were fermented rather cool at 20 to 26 degrees Celsius to emphasize the fresh fruit. After 9 days, the mash was pressed so that less tannins are leached out. Then 70 percent were put in 500 liter barrels for 9 months. The remaining 30 percent remained in the steel tank to perfectly maintain the clear fruit flavors. Then both parts were blended and stored in the tank for six months to harmonize.
Strong ruby red with a violet rim. The nose is dominated by dark heart cherries and wild strawberries, underpinned by delicate toasted notes. The palate is dry, with velvety acidity and soft tannins. The finish is long and carried by the juicy fruit.
This Zweigelt lives from its cherry-dominated fruit and the velvety tannins. It therefore harmonizes with many roasted and braised dishes such as goulash or stuffed peppers.